I am looking for a lawyer to take a motion to vacate judgement on civil harassment restraining order, stockton civil 12/19

Asked 12 months ago - Manteca, CA

went to Manteca Civil court on a Civil Harassment Restraining Order against a neighbor, to protect myself and our son whom has severe mental health issues due to a tour in Afghanistan. I was issued a temp restraining order prior to court. At court a restraining order was issued against me even though I had not been served a notice, was not provided a copy of any documentation and so on. I filed a Motion to set aside judgment, served the party and filed all with Manteca court. Our hearing was 12/10 at 11 am, I was advised in court that Mr. Leduc had an attorney, he filed a Opposition to my Motion. I advised the judge that I again was not notified of any of this. The judge said their was no proof of service in the file, no attorney of record in file. I believe an attorney would be smart

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Herb Fox

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . This is not the appropriate forum to seek legal services. AVVO has a Find a Lawyer that you can use to locate lawyers in your area.

    This law firm handles appeals in all appellate courts throughout California (except bankruptcy, unemployment and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering