I am looking for a lawyer to represent me in a domestic stalking situation

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

I need legal advice on obtaining a restraining order against my brother in law as he is threatening, calling and cyber-stalking my family.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Anna Christine Fernandez

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can probably find an attorney around your area, if you look in FloridaBar.org.
    For more information on your situation visit the link I'm attaching below for Florida Family Law Forms. All forms have instructions. Although these types of sources are very helpful, they sufficiently substitute the advice and guidance if an attorney.

    Look through Domestic Violence section of the website, for you to gain insight.
    Then trying contacting an attorney around your area.

  2. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please call a local lawyer in your area. you an find plenty of them on AVVO. Good luck!

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more
  3. Maria E Castagliuolo

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact your local law enforcement to report this behavior. Make sure you save copies of the threatening emails, texts, voice mails, etc. from your brother-in-law. And contact a local attorney to guide you through the process of obtaining a restraining order.

    Please be advised that my answer to this question is based on limited facts and offered solely for informational... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,598 answers this week

3,305 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,598 answers this week

3,305 attorneys answering