Skip to main content

I am looking for a good immigration lawyer in Northwest.

Auburn, WA |
Filed under: Immigration

I am from Mexico and I came here in 2005 - no visa. I have job, no criminal history and US citizien child. However I have got in and out of ICE Tacoma WA and I have one year permit to stay here in the US and try to figure out my papers. My court will be in April 2012. I am 22 years old and I have my whole life in here.. my son, my job.. all I want is just to have the chance to stay here legally.. I have tried couple differente lawyers and always paid for consultation but none of them seemed to me like he knows what is he doing to trust him with my life or money.
I will appreciate any advice to point me the right direction! Jorge

excuse me I ment 2013

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


There is a big difference between when you met with lawyers and the situation since June 15th, when President Obama announced a new policy.

If you don't like the lawyers in WA ... look no further than OR ... we have many good/nice attorneys.

You should not have any problems. Contact an immigration attorney for a consultation for more advice.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law -

Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
Do not rely completely on information you get on any website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or

NOTE: If you are low income go here: or

Capriotti International Law

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


Cynthia Irvine is in Kent at Hanis Irvine Prothero. Her entire practice is immigration for persons from Mexico. She is fluent in Spanish, also. She is very, very good at what she does. You can look her up here on Avvo or at under "lawyer directory".

Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.


You can find attorneys through, your local bar association, Avvo, etc.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


There are multiple immigration attorneys within the state of Washington that may be able to assist you. However, it is unclear whether or not you qualify for pro bono legal services. I would first and foremost recommend that you contact a nonprofit organization first, such as:

Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
615 2nd Avenue #400
Seattle, WA

If you do not qualify for pro bono legal services, then you may go to the Washington state bar association at to find a local attorney. You will need to narrow your search by selecting either the area of practice (e.g. immigration and naturalization), bar status (e.g. active), and perhaps city.

In addition, you may contact the following numbers to utilize Lawyer Referral Services:

King County Bar Association 206/267-7010
Pierce County Bar Association 253/383-3432

I wish you the best of luck in researching and finding an attorney to handle your immigration matter and hope that this information helps with your search.


Please give us a call! Campos Avelar Law 206-429-3273.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer