Skip to main content

I am looking for a firm to represent my case against, and the Teamsters Union Local 456 for defamation of character

New York, NY |

I am looking for a firm to represent my case against, the lawyer must be willing to go to litigation if necessary on a contingency pay. This is an open and shut case in court, I have the documentation and witnesses.

Defamation Lawsuit:, and the Teamsters Union Local 456 for defamation of character for a bogus newsletter that was handed out at a union meeting and then placed on the internet using hosting., refused to reveal who owned the domain, and then, 8-months later found out, the people who paid them didn't use their real name, address, and contact, was all bogus. I want restitution for damages, I have all the documentation to win in court, unless, a settlement can be agreed on.

I can be reached at: Barbara Ricci 914 237-8631

Attorney Answers 5

  1. This is a Q and A forum. We are not allowed to engage in attorney/client relationships, just answer questions. I would suggest finding a lawyer in your local area that specializes in that type of law.

  2. Based on information you provided, my response assumes you are in California or your issue involves California law. If my assumption is incorrect, please disregard my response and seek guidance from an a attorney licensed in your state.

    First, you should not include your name, contact number or any identifiable information on this public web site. Anyone can read what is posted here, including the two entities you want to sue.

    Most attorneys are reluctant to contact a prospective client because there are strong ethical restrictions on our doing so. If you contact the attorney first, there is no problem responding. You can directly contact any of the attorneys on Avvo by clicking on"contact this lawyer" on their profiles.

    Finally, you have not stated anything that pertains to a suit against the union and not asked any question. You may want to review Avvo's terms of service so you will better understand the purpose of this forum. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

  3. Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

  4. GoDaddy is not liable for the postings on websites hosted by it, so as to godaddy, you will not win.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  5. Barbara:

    First, is protected by federal statute and cannot be sued. Any attorney that tells you otherwise has not handled an internet defamation case in the past and will be doing you a disservice. Additionally, New York has a one year statute of limitations on libel. If it took you 8 months to determine the information of the people, then when was the newsletter first published?

    There are ways of determining the real person that published the newsletter and then suing them. You are welcome to contact me at

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics