I am looking at moving to Nebraska. I am on probation for a felony. Can I still move even if I don't have family there??

Freeman, SD |

My boyfriend wants me to move in with him. He knows that I am on probation. He also knows there is a chance that I may not be able to move in with him until I am off probation. I am planning on looking for a job, paying the rest of my fines, and meeting with my new P.O. if I am able to move.

1. Ask the sentencing judge and be humble and truthful.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.