I am looking at homes in florida at auction.com

Asked over 1 year ago - Davenport, FL

I am leary of the quit claim deeds, and the buyers responsibility to evict the current occupant. How can I be assured of a purchase?

1. Carol Anne Johnson

2

Best Answer

Answered . Buying a home at auction is a very good way of getting a deal - sometimes! As mentioned by others, it requires a bit of footwork to ensure that the property being purchased is free from liens and other encumbrances (municipal assessments, etc.) and is uninhabited. Make sure you can get a thorough inspection done of the property before bidding on it, and have a title search run so that you know what you are facing. Once you have purchased, you should have a quiet title action done to get marketable title to the place and a warranty deed. A good local real estate attorney can easily help you with all of that. These days, banks frequently auction off homes that they have foreclosed on to save themselves the problem of having to put them up for sale. Be prepared to do your homework though, these homes are not without risk!

2. Barry Louis Miller

4

Answered . This is precisely why you need a real estate attorney to review and draft contracts. A seller should deliver the property e empty or if there is a tenant, the lease should be assigned.

Buying a home from an auction is very risky if they will not deliver possession. Also, if they are only willing to give a quit claim deed without tile insurance, walk away...no run away!

3. Dennis Andrew Chen

Pro

3

Answered . Buying a property at auction involves a lot of risk and requires significant due diligence on your part. If you are not comfortable with the title search and dealing with any legal issues that arise, you should have an experienced real estate attorney involved.