I am looking at 240 days in LA County jail. Is there a way to estimate how much of that "time" I will really have to do.

This was for a 3rd DUI. I had my other two 8 years ago, however that matters not under California statute. My lawyer is attempting to work it down o the state minimum of 120 days. Just trying to get some insight.
Thank you.

1. Ask your attorney. Your attorney will know.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    (800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. No way to be sure... I had a client go in on Thursday for Grand Theft for 30 days and was released on Friday night, had another client go in on Thursday for 60 days for a second time DUI within 2 weeks, and was also released on Friday night... Not much...

Elliot Zarabi www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com 213-612-7720 This answer does not constitute full legal advise. I do not know the full details of the case and therefore cannot make a full determination on your case or your answer. I always recommend speaking to an attorney in detail regarding your case.

3. Because the sentence is 240, you're likely to do more time than the examples Mr. Zarabi cited. Up until 90 days, it's usually just a day or two. my best guess would be that you will do between 5 and 45 days. If your lawyer is able to get down to the 120 min, it'll be less.

4. If your offense is not either 1) a serious or 2) violent crime then you should be entitled to Penal Code 4019 credits, often referred to as "good time" credit. 4019 gives two days credit for every one day served. Behave in custody and you should be out after 120 days.