Skip to main content

I am interested in exporting (live) poultry to Jamaica from the US. What type of permit(s) do I need and what Laws must I know?

Cambridge, MA |

chicken and ducks

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Found this website, . Start there. This is an issue of Federal law and regulation, and you have to talk to the Federal agency that handles this. I am assuming they may have an office in Boston in the Federal Building on Causeway Street.

  2. Together with all export docs, you need also a health certificate to export live animals. There is a specific regulation that you can find to the below website:

    Make sure the importer of records at destination is familiar with these type of imports. You want avoid that the Jamaican customs authorities refuse the cargo and send it back to the U.S., or worse, they levy fines against the IOR.

    Consult with the authorities if you do not want to hire a specialist.

    Attorney Advertising. The information given above is intended to provide general information only and not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics