I am in the process of walking away from my home, i am going to buy a house cash, can the mortgage co try to take my new home

Warren, MI |

I want to know if when i buy a foreclosed house for cash will the mortgage co. come after me for my new house since i walked away from the old one, they would not work with me when i called them and i couldn't afford the note. also will i owe any taxes on the old house.

1. You need a lawyer immediately. You owe them the mortgage, the collection fee, the attorney fees for collection etc. If they get a judgment against you, they can take over title to your old home, and almost any other asset you own up to the amount owed them. You would be better off working out a deal with them through an attorney. I would not purchase a doghouse let alone a home until this issue is resolved. If you do not do this, your credit will wind up in the toilet as well.
    You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful.

You might find my legal guide on commercial litigation helpful.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.