Skip to main content

I am in the process of a relocation case with my 2 yr old son, her father and i never went to court for visitation

Orlando, FL |

he never took the baby alone , everytime he would see him it would only be with me there or my mother , he was born with some complications also he is verbally abusive to me, has threatened to kill himself and to kill me , i want to know if the courts would terminate his parental rights, he has never gaven me a penny for the baby

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Typically a pure termination of parental rights can only be done in conjunction with a step-parent adoption, meaning that you would have to be remarried to someone who could adopt your child. A court can grant you sole parental responsibility and disallow any visitation, which would essentially accomplish the same thing.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics