I am in the process of a relocation case with my 2 yr old son, her father and i never went to court for visitation

Asked about 3 years ago - Orlando, FL

he never took the baby alone , everytime he would see him it would only be with me there or my mother , he was born with some complications also he is verbally abusive to me, has threatened to kill himself and to kill me , i want to know if the courts would terminate his parental rights, he has never gaven me a penny for the baby

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jonathan Robert Simon


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Typically a pure termination of parental rights can only be done in conjunction with a step-parent adoption, meaning that you would have to be remarried to someone who could adopt your child. A court can grant you sole parental responsibility and disallow any visitation, which would essentially accomplish the same thing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,902 answers this week

2,767 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,902 answers this week

2,767 attorneys answering