I am in the discovery process of a very complex civil suit. I want to know who opposing counsel plans on calling as a witness.

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I am pro-se (can't afford an attorney, already tried) in a complicated civil case that may end up with well over 40 witnesses. These witnesses are all over the US so testimony is going to have to through video. Anyway, I want to know who opposing counsel plans on calling as a witness so I can prepare my case and get any additional discovery needed. I sent him a tentative list a few months back and that has since changed dramatically. Is there a form or a notice or motion I need to file in order to get their witness list?

1. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

1

Answered . Isn't there a Case Management Order in place which says what has to be done and when? File a motion to compel the witness list if it hasn't been provided as per that Order. If Small Claims and witness list hasn't been provided, then unnamed witnesses can't be called. But you really need to proved more info, my answers are general answers and you need specific answers tailored to your specific circumstances.

2. James M. Osak

Best Answer

Answered . They have to provide you with their "witness list"
    by a certain date per court docket.Check with the
    Court Clerk about this date. THEN: Call OR write
    them "Where's your witness list?" ---- If no answer
    then file a "Motion To Produce Discovery - Witness
    List."