I am in the discovery process of a very complex civil suit. I want to know who opposing counsel plans on calling as a witness.

Orlando, FL |

I am pro-se (can't afford an attorney, already tried) in a complicated civil case that may end up with well over 40 witnesses. These witnesses are all over the US so testimony is going to have to through video. Anyway, I want to know who opposing counsel plans on calling as a witness so I can prepare my case and get any additional discovery needed. I sent him a tentative list a few months back and that has since changed dramatically. Is there a form or a notice or motion I need to file in order to get their witness list?

They have to provide you with their "witness list"
by a certain date per court docket.Check with the
Court Clerk about this date. THEN: Call OR write
them "Where's your witness list?" ---- If no answer
then file a "Motion To Produce Discovery - Witness
List."

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Isn't there a Case Management Order in place which says what has to be done and when? File a motion to compel the witness list if it hasn't been provided as per that Order. If Small Claims and witness list hasn't been provided, then unnamed witnesses can't be called. But you really need to proved more info, my answers are general answers and you need specific answers tailored to your specific circumstances.

If you think my response is the best response, it would help me if you would indicate that. Also, please note that my responses to question(s) are NOT legal advice from me to you because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my client, and we do NOT currently have an attorney-client relationship. Thanks!

We have not been to case management yet. We are about 4 months into discovery and still have alot to go. Before I can start doing depositions, I need to know who his witnesses are so I was not sure if it is too early to request his witness list

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes