Skip to main content

I am in removal proceedings. I filed a VAWA case and received an Establishment of Prima Facie. What is my next step?

Chicago, IL |

I married a US citizen, but after year of marriage we separated due to an abusive relationship. He threatened me to be deported.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Are you working with a lawyer? The government might agree to close your case in Immigration Court. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney about your case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


If your VAWA application is granted, you will have a relief from removal (deportation). A prima facie case does not necessarily mean approval of the VAWA petition. USCIS can still ask for additional evidence in support of the VAWA claim. I suggest that you work with an immigration lawyer to guide you through the VAWA, removal, and adjustment processes.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer