Skip to main content

I am in need of a criminal defense attorney.

Orlando, FL |

My husband has been arrested for VOP. He was on community control and was recently violated because he worked overtime at his job. He is now currently incarcerated.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It sounds like you are on the right track. I would definitely hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer. There are many things that can be done by your lawyer such as collecting proof to verify that your husband was at work, working with the community control officer and prosecutor, and moving the Court date up in time. Good luck.

  2. Make sure you have your employer provide proof that your husband was at work. We handle many of these issues and the important issue is to show that your husband's violation was not willful.

    Make sure you get as many references as you can to show your husband is a hardworking person who does not deserve any more jail time!

  3. That is correct. We need to establish that your husband's violation was not willful and that is wasnt a substantial violation either. In order to do that, it would be helpful to assess all the surrounding circumstances as well. Such as the sentence that was imposed and what type of charge your husband was charged with and what he ultimately pled to. In some circumstances, your husband may be able to ask the judge to set a bond after an appropriate bond motion is filed and heard before the judge. Our office has experience handling violations of probation.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics