I am in deportation proccedings

San Antonio, TX |

about 6 years ago i was arrested i was charged with striking a sign,pi,possession of cs possesion of controll substance case was dismised by th Da in Uvalde tx i was never proven guilty , 3.5 years ago i went to the interview in sa tx to get my green card the officer knew about the arrest he ask me some qustions about it but before that he never showed me the elements of the crime i commited i did admit that i used cocaine in tx only 1 time never possed it i didnt know that i didin have to answer the cuestion what can i do now since i am in dep proccedings and the uscis officer never pulled out the statue nor showed me the elements that sticks to the crime i commited since use is not an offence in tx what does the ij will do since the officer didnt follow procedueres.

I have changed the practice area to one of immigration. The issue does not sound criminal in nature at this point, but rather a part of their immigration proceedings. Whether they can use that information against you or not in the immigration proceeding is something an immigration attorney could answer. Since the case is now 6 years old, I do not feel that criminal charges are likely. If you receive a summons or warrant informing you you are facing criminal prosecution, please repost your question to the criminal section at that time. Otherwise the most appropriate attorneys to help you at this point are immigration attorneys.

This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with a criminal defense attorney.

Meet with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You need to consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney ASAP.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.