I am in critical condition I cant afford lawyer. I applied for naturalization I was arrested almost 40 years ago but

Asked 12 months ago - Baltimore, MD

I did not tell immigration about my criminal record. Today , I received a letter
Based on the information in the record , and your testimony during your naturalization interview , USCIS finds that you given false testimony under oath with the intent to obtain immigration benefits. Tb be eligible for naturalization you must demonstrate that during the statuary period , july 30 2008 to july30 2013 . you have been person of good moral character. you have not established that you are a person of good moral character , because durning the statutory period you gave false testimony to obtain an immigration benefits. therefore , you are ineligible for naturalization at this time . SEE INA 101(f) (6) and 316(a)(3) and Title 8 code Code of federal Regulation (8 CFR) , section 316.10 (a) and (b)(2)(vi)

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

9

Answered . You will have to wait 5 years from the date of your misrepresentation to file again.

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

8

Answered . You should have been honest at the interview. It will most likely save you time and money if you hire an attorney to assist you.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

Answered . You will only be eligible to apply again 5 years from the date of your misrepresentation.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

7

Answered . N400 Naturalization process is a valuable privilege, not an inherent germane right one may possess and just exercise as they see fit. If you are truly concerned about the process given your prior criminal history you must retain a very good immigration attorney. If you cannot afford one, that is a different matter, yet, one cannot be assigned to you because you desire to join this great nation.

5. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you must wait 5 years to reapply.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  6. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

Answered . You now have to wait for five years unless you are married to a US citizen then the wait is just three years. You must be truthful on every application and for all questions that you file with Immigration.