I am in court for a second dui and i just received a third dui. Will I go to jail

Asked over 1 year ago - Bolingbrook, IL

I'm in court for a 2nd duo and just got my third.

1. Harold L. Wallin

Pro

18

Answered . Not necessarily, but the odds are not in your favor unless at least one of the cases is dismissed. You need to retain qualified counsel ASAP.

2. Eric Paul Hanson

17

Answered . There are mandatory minimum sentences that may arise in your cases. Furthermore, if it is your third DUI, you may face felony charges. I highly recommend you retain an attorney.

3. Benjamin Pearce Titter

17

3

Answered . The third DUI is likely going to be charged as a felony. Even if it is not, the fact that you have received a 2nd and now a 3rd charge in rapid succession is going to certainly be viewed as an aggravating factor. You need good legal counsel immediately.

4. Judy A. Goldstein

15

Answered . It is possible that you could go to jail. Hire a good DUI defense attorney to minimize the damages. Do everything your attorney tells you to do. Stop drinking and driviing!

5. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

15

1

Answered . You need a good attorney DUI immediately-it is possible that jail time will be involved.

6. Daniel G. Galivan

9

Answered . There is little doubt that the state will be seeking jail time; the state could also charge you with a felony which would mean you are facing prison time. If you have not already done so, hire an experienced criminal defense/DUI attorney. One or the other case may be defensible; at the very least an experienced attorney can minimize the sentence. Most of us provdie free consultations. www.galivanlaw.net

7. John J. Carney

Pro

8

Answered . You are out of control and the judge may very well think that it is time to incarcerate you before you kill someone or yourself. You should retain a good DWI lawyer and stop drinking and driving.