I am in California. My attorney has had my case for 5 years. I am patient but he does not return my callS.

Bakersfield, CA |

He told me 6 weeks ago that he would call back next day. I've been offered over 100k by ins carrier but know case is worth more but he won't call to discuss it and I'm frustrated.. how do I find another attorney?

I always recommend that upset clients insist on a face to face meeting with their lawyers. This will give the lawyer the chance to explain what is going on with your case. Often, this will prompt the lawyer to both finish any unfinished tasks on the case and to understand how important communicating with you really is.
    It is possible that the lawyer is properly handling the case. Changing may not be the best thing.
    However, this lawyer is guilty of the number one complaint about lawyers----- not returning phone calls!
    If the lawyer refuses to meet with you or speak with you, then it is time to switch lawyers.
    Best of luck to you!

2. You can talk to other lawyers to get advice. However, it seems you have been with your lawyer for a very long time and there is a substantial offer on the table. Give your lawyer a chance to see the case through.

If it doesn't work out between you two, give me a call.

3. Any of the personal injury attorneys here on AVVO can talk to you about your options. If you change attorneys, your prior attorney will be paid from the attorney fees the new attorney gets. You only pay one fee, so it can't hurt to consult with someone. Good luck!

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

4. Schedule a sit-down appointment with the lawyer to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com