I am in a desperate situation and need a small advice please about I-751

Asked over 1 year ago - La Jolla, CA

I need to remove my conditions soon, but I do not have any documented evidence to submit to the uscis. I heard that my wife reported me for fraud, so I presume that this complicates things for my case. From what I heard, she said that after 8 months of living with her, I used her for green card and that she filed for divorce for that reason. When I say that I have no evidence to submit, I do mean it because of some circumstances of me not working while we lived together. I still have our photos, but I am not sure if the photos would help me out as evidences. I am not sure what to do...do I file my I-751 waiver (we are divorced now) and then what. From what I know, the uscis will write me back requesting evidence. Can I get away with sending them photos of us or this will not do.

Additional information

Will uscis then request more evidence. Even if I hire an attorney, that will not help me generate evidences all of the sudden. I literally have nothing joint with my former wife and can not provide immigration with anything else than our photos. I think some of these photos were already sent to the uscis the first time to get the green card, so even if I send photos, the uscis might still have the duplicated already unless they do not keep them. Am I doomed for the fraud complaint too

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are indeed in disparate situation. However, you do not need a small advice. You need a full blown consultation with a competent immigration attorney in California and immediately.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Dinara Maylov

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Actually, you need a lot of advice. I agree with Mr. Segal on that.

  3. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not everything is lost as you think. You may still have a good fighting chance. We are in downtown San Diego. Call us today to schedule an in depth private consultation appointment.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  4. Calvin T. Sun

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Segal is right, best to consult attorney ASAP.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,527 answers this week

3,293 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,527 answers this week

3,293 attorneys answering