I am here on L1 Visa with my Spouse at L2 visa valid til 2015. Can we visit Canada for tourism purpose with this Visa?

Cincinnati, OH |

No. You need to check with the Canadian Consulate or Canadian High Commission (Haut Commissariat du Canada) in your country of citizenship for the specific visa requirements.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

If you have a valid visa a valid passport you may return to the US. Generally the Canadiens treat United States citizens as we treat Canadians. You need to contact the Canadian consulate for visa issuance

US L-1 and L-2 visas are not valid entry documents for Canadian immigration purposes. It also depends upon your nationality - certain nationals such as Britishers don't need a visa to enter Canada. Please check Canadian visa requirements.