I am head of household but when my wages were garnished 2 years ago, I did not have any kids. Can i reduce my garnishment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pioneer Credit Recovery is who i pay and its for defaulted student loans.

1. Patricia A Dzikowski

Answered . If it is the Department of Education that initiated the garnishment as a result of a federal student loan or a federally guaranteed student loan, the head of family wage exemption may not apply. These types of garnishments generally take place without the creditor first obtaining a judgment.

2. Gregory Neil Bachand

Answered . Yes, you can petition the court to modify the order to fit your circumstances. Forms are available on most judicial websites.

Start your research by following the link below.: