I am head of household but when my wages were garnished 2 years ago, I did not have any kids. Can i reduce my garnishment?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Wage garnishment

Pioneer Credit Recovery is who i pay and its for defaulted student loans.

Yes, you can petition the court to modify the order to fit your circumstances. Forms are available on most judicial websites.

Start your research by following the link below.:

Attorneys from Bachand & Bachand try to answer questions in the spirit of "giving back" to the community. If someone can find an answer that helps them avoid the cost of representation WHILE protecting their rights, we want to help that effort. On the other hand, we urge everyone to seek legal counsel for all legal matters that can affect your life. The answer above is not legal advice, but a "heads up" relating to the issue raised solely for the purpose of partially educating you to some of the issues raised.

do you know what form i would have to fill out

Gregory Neil Bachand

Gregory Neil Bachand

Sorry, I practice in CT. Hopefully someone in Florida can point you in the right direction.

If it is the Department of Education that initiated the garnishment as a result of a federal student loan or a federally guaranteed student loan, the head of family wage exemption may not apply. These types of garnishments generally take place without the creditor first obtaining a judgment.

The comments added are for general informational purposes only and are not intended to provide or be a substitute for legal advice, or create an attorney client relationship.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt