I am Having trouble with my immigration officer what can I do ?

Asked 7 months ago - Brawley, CA

I send the n-400 form for naturalization, , I passed the test , but when she ask me about if my father was a citizen I sad yes but I told her that this men was not my biological father just legally because he registered me as his daughter when I was 5 in Mexico , I am almost 23 and I didn't apply to the naturalization through a parent , I don't understand why is she investing my father , I think shes taking me as a lier because she doesn't understand that my legally father is not my biological , plus even if he was blood related im already 23 the naturalization though a parent requirements are u have to be under18 , . I already passed the exam the correct thing for her to do is to give me the date for the oath ceremony . I really don't understand why im in hold

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Continue having troubles. Complaint to the supervisor. Complaint to the Congressional representative or hire an immigration attorney.

2. Hugo Raul Valverde

Pro

1

Answered . I wouldn't necessarily describe this as a problem with the immigration officer. There could have been a myriad of valid reasons for her asking questions about your father. For example, if you derived your lawful permanent residence through him then the question is very relevant.