I am Having trouble with my immigration officer what can I do ?

Asked 10 months ago - Brawley, CA

I send the n-400 form for naturalization, , I passed the test , but when she ask me about if my father was a citizen I sad yes but I told her that this men was not my biological father just legally because he registered me as his daughter when I was 5 in Mexico , I am almost 23 and I didn't apply to the naturalization through a parent , I don't understand why is she investing my father , I think shes taking me as a lier because she doesn't understand that my legally father is not my biological , plus even if he was blood related im already 23 the naturalization though a parent requirements are u have to be under18 , . I already passed the exam the correct thing for her to do is to give me the date for the oath ceremony . I really don't understand why im in hold

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Continue having troubles. Complaint to the supervisor. Complaint to the Congressional representative or hire an immigration attorney.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Hugo Raul Valverde


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I wouldn't necessarily describe this as a problem with the immigration officer. There could have been a myriad of valid reasons for her asking questions about your father. For example, if you derived your lawful permanent residence through him then the question is very relevant.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,392 answers this week

3,344 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,392 answers this week

3,344 attorneys answering