I am having trouble getting a rental car from the responsible party's insurance company. What should I do?

Asked over 3 years ago - Highland Springs, VA

I was not at fault in the accident. The insurance company of the woman responsible has yet to issue me a vehicle and I am due back at work on the 3rd of Jan.

1. Glenn Jay Holzberg

Answered . Have you demanded a copy of the policy? does the responsible party have renters coverage? Do you? if you do get the rental car from your insurer and your insurance company can pursue the cost from the responsible parties insurance company. Likewise the same can be done to repair your car assuming you have comprehensive coverage including collision coverage.

2. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . Be aggressive. Call them several times each day. Send them documentation including the police report, photos of the damage to your car, and anything else you can think of. Without a more specific indication as to the reason for the delay by the insurance company I can only fall back on the general advice that the squeaky gear gets the grease and in a polite but firm way you should not allow the adjuter to forget that you exist. They may not have spoken to their insured yet. Keep calling until they do.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

Pro

Answered . The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so hound them until they comply.

Click on the picture to see information on the lawyer answering your question. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.