I am having problems with the guy who has been stalking and harassing me. he is bringing his freinds over to the new hope

Asked over 2 years ago - Morrisville, PA

to bother me too. i have told him to leave me alone. i cannot switch libraries because he will get in his van and drive to the other. i am on fooot. i have notified the prosecutors office and they say to contact local police. local police do nothing to help women here. please advise he is fighting with me at the library. i tell him to stay away from me but he will not. miss lynch and eric jacobsen will not do anything to stop this. what do i do

1. 1

Answered . In Pennsylvania, you can go to your county courthouse and file a PFA -- a court order that aims to protect victims of domestic violence. PFA means “Protection from Abuse.” It is commonly known as a protection order or restraining order. Filing a PFA will cost you nothing. In most Pennsylvania counties, you are entitled to a free lawyer who will represent you at the PFA hearing.

A PFA is a powerful tool that can (1) restrict an abuser from contacting his or her victim, (2) evict an abuser from a jointly occupied household, (3) award a victim temporary custody of minor children, (4) limit an abuser’s child visitation rights, (5) require an abuser to pay spousal support and child support, and (6) order an abuser to turn over all registered firearms to police. Violating a PFA can result in a six-month jail sentence and a $1000 fine.

2. 2

1

Answered . file a petition for a temporary restraining order. Your local court website should have information to guide you with this.

Also, see the link below

3. 2

Answered . File a report with law enforcement if you can. They should be able to give you information on stalking as a victim. Get witnesses and evidence ready to present in your petition for an injunction. Try to walk with friends or family and be careful.

4. Answered . Just to provide more information... A PFA is only available in certain conditions...mainly if it is between family members or spouses or individuals involved in a sexual relationship of some kind. If this is just a random guy stalking you..the police will need to do something about it... If you are not getting the action you need out of the police officers, ask for a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't help, ask for the chief.

5. Answered . Suggest that you contat an attorney to pursue a civil restraining order and any other actions which can be filed in PA.