I am having my citizenship interview in couple of weeks. On the interview letter, it said I need to bring 'Must' have documents.

Rahway, NJ |

One of the documents is 'Evidence of Selective Service Registration'. However, since i was on a valid non-immigrant visa till my 26th birthday (F-1 & H-1), I was NOT required to register. What kind of evidence I need to bring to the interview? Would the F-1, H-1 visa documents suffice to prove that I was on a valid non-immigrant visa OR do i still need to contact the selective service and get a status letter (Not sure if it would come on time).

Also, I am wondering whether the 'Must' have documents on the interview letter is same for all applicants as in my case I clearly stated that I didn't register for selective service on N-400 application but now I am being asked to bring an evidence of selective service registration.

Don't worry about that list. It's a generic and not a case specific one. As you can see, the selective service requirement doesn't apply to you.
    Make sure to bring your photo ID, SSN card, as well as passport. If you traveled out of the country a lot, then keep your passport in your pocket or bag and don't volunteer to show it unless expressly asked.
    Best of luck!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You should take to the interview the originals of the copies you previously submitted.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.