I am having my citizenship interview in couple of weeks. On the interview letter, it said I need to bring 'Must' have documents.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rahway, NJ

One of the documents is 'Evidence of Selective Service Registration'. However, since i was on a valid non-immigrant visa till my 26th birthday (F-1 & H-1), I was NOT required to register. What kind of evidence I need to bring to the interview? Would the F-1, H-1 visa documents suffice to prove that I was on a valid non-immigrant visa OR do i still need to contact the selective service and get a status letter (Not sure if it would come on time).

Also, I am wondering whether the 'Must' have documents on the interview letter is same for all applicants as in my case I clearly stated that I didn't register for selective service on N-400 application but now I am being asked to bring an evidence of selective service registration.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Don't worry about that list. It's a generic and not a case specific one. As you can see, the selective service requirement doesn't apply to you.
    Make sure to bring your photo ID, SSN card, as well as passport. If you traveled out of the country a lot, then keep your passport in your pocket or bag and don't volunteer to show it unless expressly asked.
    Best of luck!

2. Yolanda Navarrete

5

Answered . You should take to the interview the originals of the copies you previously submitted.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.