Skip to main content

I am having a lot of difficulty with my attorney and my WC case. He is harming my case and I need advice please.

Riverside, CA |

Back in February I had a QME evaluation. It was a Psyche QME and as you know they can withhold this report from the client which is fine. This Psyche place me on TD. Being I couldn't see this report I had no idea. Hurting for money I was advised to look for work by my attorney up until April when I got a letter regarding an expedited hearing to get my TD. He told me he completely missed it on the report, and apologized. I figured it happens and let it go. But here is my issue.

We are at court and he give me no info only to expect a check in 7 days. No paperwork or anything.. Well it's been a month, and nobody will tell me what is going on. I get ridiculed for calling, and asking why nobody is getting my TD Benefits. I am being ignored by both parties and I don't know what to do or can do

Attorney Answers 3

  1. This is more a Workers Comp claim. As such, I am changing the practice area.

    Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  2. You should never be ridiculed when you call your attorney's office with questions about the status of TD benefit payments. You have the right to change attorneys if you feel that your communications with your attorney have broken down. Contact you local attorney bar association for a referral to a certified specialist in workers' compensation. Attorney Greg Espinoza (951) 682-4004 may be able to help you in Riverside County. Good Luck.

    Any person who makes or causes to be made any knowingly false or fraudeulent material statement or material represetation for the purpose of objtaining or denying wokres' compensation benefits or payments is guilty of a felony.

  3. You need to schedule a face to face meeting with your atty and raise your concerns. It is your case, not the attys , so you have a right to know whats going on.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics