Skip to main content

I am have an F-1 visa with an OPT STEM extension. Can I switch employers, and if so what paperwork do I need to file?

Frisco, TX |

IS E-verify optional or do my new employer has to be in the system? Asides from an I-9 is there any other document I need to file?

Attorney Answers 1


The new employer would have to participate in E verify. The employer would have you complete the I9. I recommend that you contact your international student advisor about what SEVIS filing is required--you definitely need to advise your advisor about any changes in employment.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics