I am going to pakistan to marry a pakistani citizen..is it best to put on pakistan visa application that im going for marriage?

Panama City, FL |

Or should i put im going to visit friend?? I am a u.s. Citizen

It's up to you to decide what you put in there. You are an adult.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Realize im an adult..i have never applied for visa i am just asking is it neccessary to tell the pakistan government that im going there to marry or just visiting... If u are a lawyer it shouldnt be hard to understand the question and answer it..as far as ur remark is concerned i dint care for ur comment..ignorance is not a virtue

The laws of Pakistan probably include a provision for stating false and misleading information on a government document. That is educated guesswork, since few if any lawyers on this forum are licensed in Pakistan, which is a sovereign country with its own laws.

Not stating false information..i am going on tourist visa..i just dont know if its best to put going to get married or visiting or if it even matters what i put..u have never applied for visa nor traveled outside the u.s

You need to ask a Pakistani attorney.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Oh really do you know one?

Hello. I believe the application provides some categories, including family visit. I believe this would be an honest option if you intend to return to the U.S. ? Best of luck.