I am going to court on.a failure to comply charge in kentucky. i want to know what penalties to expect.

Owensboro, KY |

I was stopped and cited for no vehicle insurance. i was given the option of a fine or the kaps program for insurance monitoring. i failed to complete the program twice. will i receive jail time?

1. I hope you have a paid up 6 month policy to show the prosecutor at court. Have a good reason and ask for a settlement on a plea of guilty. The offer shouldn't include jail time.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. If you are convicted of no insurance, it carries automatic 6 month license suspension. The court will not be real happy if you failed to complete the program since all that is required to complete KAP is keep insurance and pay monitoring fee.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.