I am going through divorce and have no money for a lawyer. My husband makes a high income but we have a lot of debt

Asked almost 4 years ago - Thousand Oaks, CA

We were married almost 4 years. I have small children who I stayed home with until I filed for divorce. He makes a very good income but we have taxes and cc debt. He has a lawyer but I have no money for one and he wants the children. There are alot of complicated issues

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jesus L Zuniga


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You can also try the court's self-help center for help.

  2. David Alexander Browde


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You should consult with a local divorce lawyer. In most cases where one party has all the resources that party will be required to pay both sides of the legal bill.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,088 answers this week

2,925 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,088 answers this week

2,925 attorneys answering