I am going through a divorce she is asking me to sighn over the house and property

Asked over 1 year ago - Medford, OR

i have been paying child support on my own no papers have been filed yet

1. Shannon L. Hall

Pro

2

Answered . You have not asked a question.

2. Jay Bodzin

1

Answered . You haven't asked a question, so it's hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/five-tips-for-how... )

If you've been paying support, that's good for you, but you should be sure to document the fact that you've been paying it, and what the payments have been for. Never pay child support in cash. If you pay by check, write 'child support' on the check. Note that Oregon law sets precise figures for what child support should be, based upon the income of each party and the amount of time each parent spends with the children. The amount of 'support' you've been paying may well not be accurate. On the other hand, if you're still married and she hasn't filed any documents requesting support, you may not be legally obligated to pay it at all.

You should not sign any documents without first having them reviewed by an attorney. You should consult with a lawyer in private if you're going through a divorce. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a free referral at 503-684-3763.

Please read the following notice:

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

1

Answered . Don't do ANYTHING without first investing in a consultation with an experienced divorce attorney. Now is NOT the time to "do it yourself." PS: You did not provide enough information for a full answer.