I am going through a divorce filed by ex. His attorney has asked me to submit all my education, work and financial papers.

Sunnyvale, CA |
Filed under: Family law

I am getting temporary alimony since Aug 2013. I was a stay at home mom. Now doing training to get back to work. His attorney has asked to submit all my papers including all financial ones since date of separation which includes how I am spending alimony. Ex wants to require me to start working. Is this asking for all info of mine right?

1. The other side is entitled to your financial information as part of an Income & Expense Declaration and The schedule of Assets & debts with supporting documents. Unfortunately that includes credit card statements etc. all this information will be used to determine your permanent Spousal Support order

2. Sounds reasonable to me. Whenever the issue of support is before the court, each party has every right to know the details of the other party's employment, or their efforts to find employment.

The way that people spend money can be helpful to the court to determine an appropriate level of support.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

3. On the flip side, you could request the same information from your ex.

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.