I am going through a divorce filed by ex. His attorney has asked me to submit all my education, work and financial papers.

Asked 7 months ago - Sunnyvale, CA

I am getting temporary alimony since Aug 2013. I was a stay at home mom. Now doing training to get back to work. His attorney has asked to submit all my papers including all financial ones since date of separation which includes how I am spending alimony. Ex wants to require me to start working. Is this asking for all info of mine right?

1. Elizabeth Jones

Pro

3

1

Answered . The other side is entitled to your financial information as part of an Income & Expense Declaration and The schedule of Assets & debts with supporting documents. Unfortunately that includes credit card statements etc. all this information will be used to determine your permanent Spousal Support order

2. David Alexander Yomtov

Pro

1

1

Answered . Sounds reasonable to me. Whenever the issue of support is before the court, each party has every right to know the details of the other party's employment, or their efforts to find employment.

The way that people spend money can be helpful to the court to determine an appropriate level of support.

3. John Noah Kitta

1

Answered . On the flip side, you could request the same information from your ex.