I am going through a Divorce, The ex wife lied and got caught lieing to the police.

Ex went down to police and told them a lie, The police requested the court to issue an arresst warrant the court sent the police report back as unwarranted. I filed charges and we went to a probable cause heari.ng where it was found she did committ the crime of Perjury, Intimidation and criminal harassment. She was arraigned on those three charges how does this affect the Divorce case? Is this enough to bring custodial interference charges? Her and her boyfriend have alienated the two children from me for 2 and half years. Ex has had a 209A protective order on her for a year, She has been charged with ABDW vehicle, AB keys and food this divorce is nothing more than a horror story. Her trying to put an innocent father in jail is beyond comprehension. Thanks for your replys I need help.

North Attleboro, MA -

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Framingham, MA

I am sorry that you are going through this. The conduct of the parties during the marriage is one of the MGLA 208 sec 34 factors that the courts will consider so you are correct in your theory. I suggest you chat with a local attny in your area and go over the specifics of your case. I do wish you all the best and hope things work out for you.

Stephen F. McDonough

Stephen F. McDonough

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Medfield, MA

As Attorney Lewis mentioned, it is unfortunate that you are having such a stressful divorce. Although I have no way of knowing your financial situation, you may want to consider contacting a legal services agency in Massachusetts if you are not able to hire a lawyer. You could also consider hiring a lawyer for limited parts of your case. Given the facts you mentioned above, it seems like a difficult situation to handle on your own.

The perjury charge will likely impact her credibility with the court and her conduct is certainly important when considering custody and parenting issues.

Hope things work out for you and the children.

Robert Ricci

Robert Ricci

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Clark, NJ

It will be a factor. Bit you really should consult with a local divorce lawyer to discuss the case in more detail. Good luck.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.