I am getting unemployment in ohio my former employer has filled for a relief of charges will i lose my benefits?

Asked over 1 year ago - Shelby, OH

filled for unemployment 2 months ago got it approved have received about 3 weeks worth

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mark Wayne Napier

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . In Ohio, if you did receive benefits to which you were not entitled, you will receive an overpayment determination that states why the payments were incorrect, the amount you owe, and instructions on how to pay the overpayment. If you receive a notice of determination of overpayment, then promptly contact an employment attorney who can advise you on how to appeal the determination. You must file your appeal within 21 days of when the overpayment determination was issued.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now