I am getting sued in result of a car accident in which my ins. feels the the other party has no damages or injuries.

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

How should I handle this?

1. Michael R Crosner

7

Answered . Let your insurance company handle the matter - if you are served with any documents immediately forward them to your insurance company - they are obligated to defend you & provide an attorney free of charge for that purpose.

2. Fernando Davin Vargas

Pro

6

Answered . You do not pose a question; you make a statement. You also do not provide any information as to how the accident happened or what you are concerned about. Consider that if there are no property damages, the insurance company will be very reluctant to extend any offer to the plaintiff. Generally speaking, in cases with no damages and poor liability, the carrier would rather spend exorbitant sums of money in expert and lawyer fees to defend you than to compensate the plaintiff. But again, I have no information about your case; and you did not pose a question. It sounds like you have insurance, and therefore also a lawyer. Speak to your lawyer about the reasons why the insurance company is fighting the case. Best of luck!

3. Michael Ian Rott

Pro

6

Answered . Your insurance company has a legal duty to hire counsel, who will represent you in this case. I know it is frustrating, but unfortunately some people just seem to do those types of things.

Depending upon the position of your insurance carrier, they might make a nominal offer, just to make this go away quickly.

Michael Ian Rott, Esq., Managing Partner
    HIDEN, ROTT & OERTLE, LLP
    2635 Camino del Rio South, Suite 306
    San Diego, California 92108
    Office: 619.296.5884, ext. 14
    Fax: 619.296.5171
    Cell: 619.252.2248
    Email: mrott@hrollp.com
    Web: www.hrollp.com
    San Diego - El Centro

4. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

5

Answered . Let them handle the matter. You will be assigned an attorney. Ultimately your insurance company will get the matter resolved.

Pro

6

Answered . You let your insurance company resolve it.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

3

Answered . I tend to agree with the responding counsel. You should let your insurance company handle this for you. If you were injured in the accident, then you should consult with an experienced car accident attorney to represent you. I have over 20 years of experience representing clients, fighting for their rights and settlements to help them recover. Best of luck with your case.

7. Bruce M Squire

3

Answered . Turn it over to your insurance company ASAP. They will handle it.