I am French and about to marry a US citizen. How many days after you married at the county clerk do you have to do a ceremony?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

I know that having a ceremony is one of the requirements for the immigration. We just don't have time and money right now because we have to get married before my tourist visa expires (Jan 19th) and we don't really have time to plan something that short. Any advices?

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

4

Answered . There is no need to have aceremony if you are legally married. For more info see link below

Happy new year and congrats

http://www.immigrate2usa.com/practiceareas/non-...

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Ceremonies aren't necessary, as long as the clerk is authorized to perform the marriage vows.

Also, the date if marriage isn't as important as the date you FILE the papers ... as relates to your I-94 expiring.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . You have been misinformed, there is no requirement for a ceremony.