I am filling I-864 for my husband and using my parents income to meet the requirements because i dont have a job now

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

i have to fill out form i-864 and my parents i-864A...with their income it is gonna be $34,500....so they have 2 dependents...my question is will their dependents make it not meet the requirements r they are just gonna see the total income and accept it

1. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

1

Answered . You need to fill out the I-864, right. Your parent (one of them) also needs to fill out a separate I-864. Because they are married, the one who doesn't do the I-864, has to do the I-864A acknowledging that the other spouse is potentially encumbering their income in this way. So be careful to get the right people doing the right forms. The income level is based on the household size, so in this case it would be two for your parents, plus two for their dependents, plus one for your husband the sponsored immigrant. Total of 5 persons. They need to show $33,762 under the 2012 guidelines, which haven't been updated yet and are still in force.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

1

Answered . 125% of the poverty line is the requirement. check here:
    http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

3. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . They have to satisfy the guideline requirements for their household size, which includes their dependents and the immigrant being sponsored.

Also, I-864a should be used only if you're living together and combining your incomes. Otherwise they should use the I-864.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues