I am filling I-485 for USCIS. Should I staple birth certificate to its translation or I should not staple anything at all?

Lanham, MD |

I am co-filling I-485, EAD, and AP. Where should I put my waiver for two year-home-return? Is it enough to just put one copy in I-485 or should put a separate copy for each form? thanks

1. To staple, or not to staple ... that is the question. ... sorry, I couldn't help paraphrasing Shakespeare.

It really doesn't matter how you assemble things ... they completely dis-assemble the papers when they arrive ... and, in most cases, scan them.

PS Did you get an approved waiver, or are you wanting to submit it with the I-485? If you don't already have the approved waiver ........ talk to an attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Stapling can interfere with the processing, as the documents must be scanned.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Personally, I dont staple. But havent hear of any cases returned because they were stapled.