I am filling I-485 for USCIS. Should I staple birth certificate to its translation or I should not staple anything at all?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lanham, MD

I am co-filling I-485, EAD, and AP. Where should I put my waiver for two year-home-return? Is it enough to just put one copy in I-485 or should put a separate copy for each form? thanks

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . To staple, or not to staple ... that is the question. ... sorry, I couldn't help paraphrasing Shakespeare.

It really doesn't matter how you assemble things ... they completely dis-assemble the papers when they arrive ... and, in most cases, scan them.

PS Did you get an approved waiver, or are you wanting to submit it with the I-485? If you don't already have the approved waiver ........ talk to an attorney.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . Stapling can interfere with the processing, as the documents must be scanned.

3. Carlos E Sandoval

Answered . Personally, I dont staple. But havent hear of any cases returned because they were stapled.