I am filing the I-130. What do I answer on section C question 22 B?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albuquerque, NM

The question says if your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status , he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in...

she came here from Mexico in 2000 with a visa a never went back or renewed it

1. Gloria Cardenas Conn

Pro

4

Answered . The answer to this question cannot be made on this post. You should be careful about what consulate that you state on this application, because, if done incorrectly, can complicate matters later. Answering this question DOES NOT mean that she has to consular process (go back to her country for an interview). I recommend that you hire an attorney in NM.

This advise does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Brandon S. Gillin

Pro

3

Answered . You really should have an immigration attorney look this over for you. An immigration attorney will be able to ask you and your spouse questions to determine if your spouse will have any difficulties in the future as a result of filing this petition. If problems are foreseeable, the attorney will be able to advise you accordingly.

3. Dwight David Myfelt

2

Answered . I agree. You should speak with an attorney.

4. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

1

Answered . Ciudad Juarez is the only consulate in Mexico that processes immigrant visas, so you don't really have a choice. If she is Mexican, then answer is Ciudad Juarez, except under very limited circumstances in which she might be able to apply in a third country, but that is incredibly unlikely.