I am filing out DS-230 and I have a the question about visa type. I Do not have the information on what type of visa I came in

Asked over 2 years ago - Lynnwood, WA

The question #35. on the DS 230 form aks to list dates of previous visits and type of visa status. I came to USA in 1996 and I do not remember the type of visa I had. It was some work visa or something like that. I do not have the old passport or the info from the company . I came left USA a year later and I am not sure what to put in that spot.

1. Patrick Caston Crowley

3

1

Answered . You have a couple of options:
    1. You could try to reach out to your former employer that the work visa was issued for and see if they have a copy.
    2. You can attempt to make a Freedom of Information request with CPB and see if they have a record of your entry and class of entry.
    3. You can put the dates down and write see attached. Then explain that you are unsure of your visa class.

I would probably recommend the third option; however, this is an off the cuff suggestion.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. Curtis Frederic Pierce

1

Answered . Agree with Attorney Crowley. The FOIA would probably take at least several months. Answer the question to the best of your ability. Provide as much information as you can.

Curtis Pierce
    213 327 0044
    www.cpvisa.com