I am filing out a form for uncontested divorce "UD-10" and i do not understand question #13.

New York, NY |
Filed under: Uncontested divorce

Can somebody explain what the options Regarding defendant mean in a simple language?

13: FIFTH: That this action was commenced by filing the Summons With Notice(my option) or Summons and Verified Complaint with the County Clerk on __DATE__. Defendant was served personally(my option) OR pursuant to Court order dated ___DATE___ with the above stated pleadings and the Notice of Automatic Orders.
Defendant (???)
A) defaulted in appearance
B) appeared and waived his/her right to answer
C) filed an answer/amended answer withdrawing any previous pleading and neither admitting nor denying the allegations in plaintiff's complaint, and consenting to entry of judgment

I do not know which option is the right one for my situation. My husband signed affidavit of defendant.

1. The proper answer will depend upon the language of his affidavit. Most likely it's B, but without seeing the papers it's impossible to be certain.