I am filing out a form for uncontested divorce "UD-10" and i do not understand question #13.

Asked almost 4 years ago - New York, NY

Can somebody explain what the options Regarding defendant mean in a simple language?

13: FIFTH: That this action was commenced by filing the Summons With Notice(my option) or Summons and Verified Complaint with the County Clerk on __DATE__. Defendant was served personally(my option) OR pursuant to Court order dated ___DATE___ with the above stated pleadings and the Notice of Automatic Orders.
Defendant (???)
A) defaulted in appearance
B) appeared and waived his/her right to answer
C) filed an answer/amended answer withdrawing any previous pleading and neither admitting nor denying the allegations in plaintiff's complaint, and consenting to entry of judgment

I do not know which option is the right one for my situation. My husband signed affidavit of defendant.

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

Answered . The proper answer will depend upon the language of his affidavit. Most likely it's B, but without seeing the papers it's impossible to be certain.