I am filing Form I-130 to immigrate my wife to the US. Do I need to file a Form I-130 for my wife's minor daughter also

Alhambra, CA |

I would suggest you hire an attorney to help you with this complicated legal matter rather than put your family at risk. If you would like a free consultation to discuss my services offerec, please call me.
Regards,
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global, PLLC.
716 830 7960
misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com

It would certainly be to your benefit to contact an immigration lawyer to discuss the advantage and disadvantage of either options.
It's not really a deal breaker.
You are welcome to contact me via the link provided below if you so wish.
Goodluck.

We would need additional information as this is a question of strategy. Generally, without additional information, We recommend you file a separate petition for your step daughter.

The answer is simple . . . ABSOLUTELY! There is no derivative status here. The child must be petitioned as a step child. You should always use a qualified immigration lawyer when dealing with the USCIS. It is too easy to make a mistake and make the process last for years, or get denied.

Recommended articles about Immigration