I am filing a probate petition here in Kings County. Is it ok if I submit facsimiles of the waiver of process forms?

Brooklyn, NY |

I am filing a probate petition here in Kings County. Is it ok if I submit facsimiles of the notarized waiver of process and consent to probate forms from all the beneficiaries, OR do I have to secure the physical originals?

Thank you.

The Kings County Surrogate's Court asks for original signatures and notary seals on all documents submitted as part of the probate petition. You are going to need to have the originals mailed back to you so you can submit them. I encourage you to make and keep copies just in case.

This communication is neither a solicitation nor an offer to represent you. The information provided to you in this communication is not intended to create and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez P.C.

Attorney Jiminez is correct. The court will require originals (keep copies for yourself)

The court requires originals.

Sincerely,

Roman Aminov, Esq.

Law Offices of Roman Aminov

Estate Planning - Elder Law - Probate

147-17 Union Turnpike | Flushing, New York 11367
P: 347.766.2685 | F: 347.474.7344

Roman@AminovLaw.com | www.AminovLaw.com

This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship has been formed. Before choosing a course of action, it is always advisable to seek the advice of an attorney in your area.

Wills and estates topics