I am filing a petition for my brother, along with I-130 , proof of citizenship and income what else do i need to send

Lomita, CA |

I am filing a petition for my brother, along with I-130 , proof of citizenship and income what else do i need to send? he is in India, never been abroad. do I send I-864 now or later NVC.

1. The form instructions tell you what you need to submit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. It is best to have an experienced international immigration lawyer handle this to ensure a stronger chance of success.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

3. read the instructions carefully. I-864 will be much much later.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

4. Your proof of income along with the I-864 comes later, after the I-130 is approved and the case is at the NVC. That will be many years from now once his priority date is getting close to current. As you will note from the I-130 instructions, you need to submit proof of your relationship.

5. I would say read the instructions carefully or hire an attorney.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

6. There is much more needed beyond proof of your income and citizenship. I suggest you consult with an attorney who will advise you on how best to document YOUR case as each family based petition can be very different from the next.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104