I am falsely accused of a hit and run on a parked vehicle in a commercial complex. My trial date is feb 5th.

Maywood, CA |

I have photos that day of no damage on vehicles, I have a call log showing my call to the police station, explaining that this man was falsely accusing me, 20days after the detectives come and take my vehicle and now I am set for trial on feb 5, my insurance also paid out this individual. I do not know what to do. I did nothing wrong! please help!

My 2nd court date is for feb 5th in the city of downey ca. the vehicle was parked no people inside the car. The owner if the car came out of a business office hysterically saying I hit his car. The 1st thing he said was watch I am going to report you as a hit in run, he refused my information, I told him I did not touch his care, i got off and took photos and he still reported me.

Well shall
I assume that u are represented by the public defender?

Has your counsel attempted a civil compromise on your case it results in a dismissal under penal code 1385.

It involves making restitution which it sounds like your insurance company has paid damages. If the alleged injured party has othe damages then pay him and have him
Sign an agreement but this should only be done by your attorney not yourself.

Other than that it may be a good case for trial and that my be your current attorneys strategy on the case.

If you need to hire private counsel do
So quickly but that is not to say your current attorney is not
Taking the correct path.

Good luck!

I do not have representation, police dept won't even give me a copy of police report. My court date is feb 5th, in Downey. I can not afford this to be on my record, especially when I did nothing wrong. How do I find representation for this situation?

James Edward Mcnamara

James Edward Mcnamara

Then this will not be your trial but your arraignment which is where you are formally advised of the charges and then enter a plea, such as not guilty. An attorney from the public defenders offices will qualify you for their services and if you qualify meaning little ability to hire private counsel then the court will appoint the public defenders offices. If not you will need to continue the case to get counsel. I would advise you to seek counsel should this be the case do not represent yourself.

how much do you charge to represent me for something like this? I have evidence call to police station, photos at the time of no damages, etc... we can supeona all this evidence

I would suggest that you hire an attorney. There's an old adage that says, "An attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Well the solution is pretty simple. If you are innocent, go to trial!

but with all the evidence I have it should be dismissed, but the judge wont here me without representation, and how can i get copies and call logs etc of my evidence on my own

Brian Russell Michaels

Brian Russell Michaels

You have a right to represent yourself if that is what you chose. But representing yourself means learning how to become a criminal defense attorney. You cant have it both ways. Either you do it yourself, which is always a bad idea, or you have to get counsel as the court recommended.

whats your cost?