I am facing up to 4 to 15 years in jail because I was involved in a burglary at a nearby school. This is my firts offense,

Asked about 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

This is my first offense, absolutely no priors. I got a I-Bond in court and since then I have stayed out of trouble and I even enrolled in school to ensure the judge that I want to better myself and be there for my daughter. Do you think that I might be eligible for probation as an alternative to jail time?

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

3

Answered . Your question is confusing. If its a first offense you are eligible for probation. More detail is needed to offer you specific advice. You need a lawyer. Hire one as soon as you can

2. Robert F. Black Jr.

3

Answered . I agree with attorney Mark. This sounds like a serious charge with serious potential consequences. Contact an attorney as soon as possible.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

3

Answered . If this is your first offense you may have a chance of avoiding jail. I agree you will need an attorney for this one.

4. Ciro A Spina II

3

Answered . Your question does not state what degree you are charged with. Is it 3rd degree or 2nd degree? If it is 3rd degree, and you have no record, there is no presumption of jail/prison. If it is 2nd degree, there is a presumption of prison. However, just because you are charged with a crime that carries a presumption of prison, it does not necessarily mean you are going to go to prison. You may have certain defenses and/or mitigating reasons that can keep you out of prison. You should contact an attorney immediately.

5. Mark M Cheser

Pro

3

Answered . NJ does not have a crime with a 4-15 year sentence. Nor I-Bonds. If this is out of state or federal you need to speak to an out of state attorney or an attorney who is familiar with federal criminal law . Burglary in NJ is at most 2nd degree with a 10 year max. It usually is 3rd degree and on a first offense usually PTI is available. But this sounds like out of state offenses or federal.

6. Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

1

Answered . You should discuss your options with an attorney in person and confidentially your options on how your case can get resolved. Many criminal cases are fact sensitive and each situation is different. If you want to discuss it privately try scheduling a consultation with one of us prior to your next court date.