I am F1 Student, working on CPT. I am thinking of getting married to B2 Visa Holder.

Dallas, TX |

Is it possible for her to file Adjustment of Status from here and get F2 visa, without leaving US?

1. Yes, that will be possible for the B2 visa holder to file for a change of status to F2 in the US, without having to leave the country, as long as he or she does that at least 60 days after arrival and not a day before.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. She can file a change of status if she has been in the US for 60 before you marry or apply for the change of status.

3. Yes, she can apply for change of status from B-2 to F-2 on Form I-539 as long as she has not violated her status and the application is filed at least 60 days after her last entry to the US to avoid a denial based on misrepresentation.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Any answers offered by Ms. Koopman on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.