I am F1 Student, working on CPT. I am thinking of getting married to B2 Visa Holder.

Asked 8 months ago - Dallas, TX

Is it possible for her to file Adjustment of Status from here and get F2 visa, without leaving US?

1. J. David Swaim Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . She can file a change of status if she has been in the US for 60 before you marry or apply for the change of status.

2. Yvonne F. Koopman

1

Answered . Yes, she can apply for change of status from B-2 to F-2 on Form I-539 as long as she has not violated her status and the application is filed at least 60 days after her last entry to the US to avoid a denial based on misrepresentation.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, that will be possible for the B2 visa holder to file for a change of status to F2 in the US, without having to leave the country, as long as he or she does that at least 60 days after arrival and not a day before.