I am enlisting in US army soon and my spouse is an international student .

Asked over 1 year ago - Cerritos, CA

Dear Sir/madam
i have a 10 yrs Green card and we getting married after my basic training. how fast will be the process for my spouse from army.
what benefits she will receive
please advice.

1. 3

1

Best Answer

Answered . You may be able to file for your wife's adjustment of status upon marriage, since the F-2A category is now current (visas are available). You also should be eligible for expedited naturalization based on your service, so you could also petition her as an "immediate relative" for which category visas are always available.

2. 3

Answered . I agree with both my esteemed colleagues.

3. 3

Answered . I don't really understand what army/military benefits you are referring to. Regardless, If you get married NOW you can take advantage of the current visa availability for the "spouses of green card holders" (category F2A under the visa bulletin), and she will be able to adjust her status to that of a legal permanent resident (green card). It is expected that this visa availability will be good until the month of September of this year (will retrogress in October--no visa availability).